Key Features and Benefits:
- Affordable: Priced as a cost effective solution for a wide range of students.
- Designed for Autism but appropriate for students or adults developmentally from 2 to 9 years old.
- Based on well researched methods for teaching individuals with autism and other learning disabilities.
- Content Programs menu has hundreds of curriculum programs for teachers to choose from for their students. Skill levels range from basic early learning (colors, shapes, counting, body parts, receptive vocabulary) to higher level skills (analogies, synonyms, multiplication, sight words, math word problems).
- Photo icons (images of real objects with backgrounds removed) are used to facilitate generalization of skills. The DTT is an ageless program for learners of all ages because the images are not babyish or cartoonish, but look very real.
- Reinforcers include hundreds of motivating cause-effect items, video clips, arts & graphics, and age-appropriate-looking choices for older students (Whack-an-Alien, puzzles, SuperBlinky). You can add your own digital movie clips, photos, and websites to customize your reinforcers, too!
- Mouse Skills can be developed and strengthened through many of the reinforcers such as Puzzles, Flood Fill, Whack-An-Alien, and many more.
- Test/Assessment feature enables teachers to easily periodically test specific programs that will provide date, time, %correct, and identifies each item as correct/incorrect. It’s a powerful tool for teachers to print for parents, especially when they’ve aligned the program choices with standards & IEP objectives. The DT Trainer also automatically tracks data in a variety of formats to provide student performance details.
- Students work independently without adult assistance. The DTT is essentially an errorless learning program that moves a student forward and back based on his responses. Incorrect responses are never inadvertently reinforced, the correct answer is always simply stated, and the student is given opportunity to try again until he has success.
- The DTT is highly configurable, allowing the teacher to customize each student’s program to align with IEP objectives, state standards, and individual learning needs.
- The DTT program can be easily incorporated into a daily classroom or home routine as a computer station, as a block on a visual schedule, or as a self-selected learning or center activity. It will not add more work to the teacher’s plate, but will make her life easier by tracking data, providing specific direct instruction, and freeing up classroom staff for other tasks.
Works with mouse, touch screen, single & double switch (scan rate, frequency, and color box can be configured.) The range of input devices supports use with very developmentally young or delayed individuals, students with CP or cognitive disabilities, or higher level and even typical students.