DT Trainer will not connect to the internet, but I have a valid connection.
If you are unable to register or update the DT Trainer, or the DT Trainer is stating that no internet connection can be found, please be sure that your computer’s firewall is setup to allow the DT Trainer to connect to the internet. You may need to add an exception to your firewall for the DT Trainer.
Can I request a name to be added to the DT Trainer?
If your student’s name is not included with the DT Trainer, please check our website to be sure that it has not recently been added. To view a list of all included names, click here.
If the name you need is on this list, you can easily integrate the name into your DT Trainer installation using our “Name File Installer” tool, located on our Tools Download page.
If the students name is not included in this list, you may contact AES support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (803)403-1336 to request that this name be recorded for you.
How can I install the DT Trainer if the installation program does not automatically run?
If the CD does not automatically load when placed in the drive, your computer might not have CD autorun enabled. However, you can manually launch the CD interface. To do this, run the “Setup.exe” file that resides in the root folder on the CD (for example, if your CD drive is the “D” drive, then you would run “D:\Setup.exe”.
How can I transfer students between DT Trainer installations?
Note: Before transferring any student data between computers, please be sure that both installations involved are the same version. Failing to do so could cause corruption or loss of data.
In order to move the student data between computers, you will need a form of removable media, such as a writable CD, DVD, or flash drive to transfer the data.
To transfer the data between computers, follow these steps:DT Trainer versions 1.0-2.0.7
- Using either “My Computer” or “Explorer”, locate and open your DT Trainer installation folder on the first computer (the default location is “C:\Program Files\DT Trainer”).
- Open the “Students” folder.
- You should now see a folder for each student that you created within the DT Trainer administration program. Move the student’s folder from this location to the “Students” folder under the new installation. Usually the entire student folder will fit on a floppy disk, but it will generally be easier to use a shared network drive. NOTE: Do NOT delete or move the “ModelStudent” folder in the Students folder.
- Once the student folder is transferred (and verified), you may delete the student from the first system. You can use the “Delete Student” in the DT Trainer administration.
Part A: Backup the student from the old installation.
- Launch the DT Trainer administration program, and select the “Common Administration” tab.
- Click the “Maintenance Tools” button.
- Under the “Basic Backup / Restore” tab, set the backup location to your removable media drive.
- Using the drop-down list, select the student that you wish to transfer, and click the “Backup” button.
- Repeat steps 1-3 from Part A.
- In the “Restore List” on the bottom half of the screen, select the student that you are transferring, and click the “Restore” button.
- Once you have restored the student, you may delete the backup from your removable media.
Please note that if transferring students from one computer to another, you will need to delete the student’s icon on the first computer (in the “DTT Students” folder) and create a new icon on the second computer. You can create a new student icon by completing the following steps:
- Launch the DT Trainer administration program.
- Click on the “Student Options” tab, and select the student whose icon you need to create.
- Click the “Options” button.
- Click the “Intermediate” tab, and click the “Create Icon” button.
Can I bring back a student shortcut or DT Trainer startup shortcut that has been accidentally deleted from the desktop?
When a new student profile is created, so is the shortcut for that student. If this shortcut somehow gets deleted, it can be recreated. In “DT Trainer Administration”, click on the “Student Administration” tab at the top. Select the student whose shortcut you’d like to recreate under “Currently Selected Student”. Next, under “Student Configuration” click the “Options” button, then the “Intermediate” tab. Finally, click the “Create Icon” button in the lower right corner.
If the desktop and startup shortcuts are accidentally deleted, these can also be recreated. Visit our Tools Download page and download the “DT Trainer Shortcut Creator” located on the page.
Why can’t I run certain training videos, reinforcers, or content programs?
These are generally caused when one or more of the required multimedia components (Java, Shockwave, etc) is not present or installed correctly on the computer. Please visit our installation page and follow the instructions to ensure that your computer is up-to-date and has all of the required components installed.