Reasons for backing-up DT Trainer student data:
Student transitioning to a new classroom in the fall?
Student data can be saved to a network drive or other media and transferred to DT Trainer installation located in their new classroom.
Computer upgrades and maintenance over the summer?
Sometimes school districts re-image computers over the summer. Make sure you back up the student data to a network drive.
Students in Extended Year Services?
Backup and restore for summer time use and then you can restore data before the new school year starts.
- Launch the DT Trainer administration program.
- Select the “Common Administration” tab.
- Click the “Maintenance Tools” button.
- Click the “Set Location” button, and choose your backup location (we recommend using a network drive).
- For each profile you would like to move, select it in the list (or select all) and click the “Backup” button.
- Repeat steps 1-3 from above.
- Click the “Set Location” button, and choose the location where you previously backed up the student profiles.
- Select the profiles you are moving from the list at the bottom of the window, and click the “Restore” button.